You are currently using guest access (Log in
Buddhasahassanāmāvali - Verse 1
सोपि भगवा अरहं,
बुद्धं तं पणमाम्यहं.
Sopi bhagavā arahaṃ,
Buddhaṃ taṃ paṇamāmyahaṃ.
I bow to the Buddha,
To Him, who was freed from all impurities, the Worthy One,
Enlightened by his own efforts, Lord of oneself,
Perfect in theory and practice.
- bhagavā - freed from all impurities
- arahaṃ - the Worthy One, sanctified
- sammāsambuddho - enlightened by his own efforts
- sayambhū - Lord of oneself
- vijjācaraṇasampanno - perfect in theory and practice
(vijjā+caraṇa+sampanno - wisdom+practise+being endowed)
- paṇamati - to bent, bow
- paṇamāmyahaṃ - bent + I (paṇamāmi + ahaṃ)
Last modified: Friday, 14 February 2020, 1:42 AM