Buddhasahassanāmāvali - Verse 100
बुद्धं तं पणमाम्यहं.
Buddhaṃ taṃ paṇamāmyahaṃ.
I bow to the Buddha,
Foremost in preserving the precepts of morality,
He had attained concentration and wisdom,
Developed all of these and made the people drink the excellent nectar of Dhamma.
- sīlaggo: sīla + aggo - morality + top, first, pre-eminent
- samādhi +p + patto - concentration + attained
- pañña + p + patto - wisdom + attained
- su + bhāvito - well + developed
- sudhā + rasaṃ - nectar + taste
- pibati/pivati - drink, swallow
- pāyī (caus. of pibati) - gave to drink
Last modified: Wednesday, 7 July 2021, 1:39 PM