Buddhasahassanāmāvali - Verse 72
अग्गगोचरो अग्गगू, अग्गञ्ञू अग्गदेसको; अग्गञाणी अग्गभाणी, बुद्धं तं पणमाम्यहं.
Aggagocaro aggagū, Aggaññū aggadesako; Aggañāṇī aggabhāṇī, Buddhaṃ taṃ paṇamāmyahaṃ.
I bow to the Buddha, Endowed with foresight, he was the first to walk on the Dhamma Path, Foremost amongst the seers and the preachers, Amongst the wise and the teachers.
- aggo - highest, topmost, pre-eminent
- gocaro - resort, domain, range, pasture
- gū - going, having gone, being perfected in
- aññū - having knowledge
- desako - teacher
- ñāṇī - possessed of wisdom, insight
- bhāṇī - teacher, preacher
Last modified: Wednesday, 20 April 2022, 11:11 PM