Buddhasahassanāmāvali - Verse 44
कामतण्ह विनिमुत्तो, भवतण्हाविभञ्जको; विभवतण्हविक्खीणो, बुद्धं तं पणमाम्यहं.
Kāmataṇha vinimutto, Bhavataṇhāvibhañjako; Vibhavataṇhavikkhīṇo, Buddhaṃ taṃ paṇamāmyahaṃ.
I bow to the Buddha, Who was completely free from the greed for sensual pleasures, Who was the dissector of craving for existences, The destroyer of craving for non-existence.
- kāmataṇhā vinimutto - completely free from the greed for sensual pleasures
- bhavataṇhāvibhañjako - the dissector of craving for existences
- bhava + taṇhā + vi +bhañjako - becoming + craving + breaker, destroyer
- bhañjati - destroy, break
- vibhavataṇhāvikkhīṇo - destroyer of craving for non-existence
- vibhava + taṇhā + vi+ k+khīṇo - not becoming + craving + destroyed
- vi+khīyati - go to ruin, be destroyed
Last modified: Wednesday, 20 April 2022, 10:56 PM