Buddhasahassanāmāvali - Verse 43
सब्बासवा विनिमुत्तो, सदा विलग्गमानसो; सब्बासज्जा विप्पमुत्तो, बुद्धं तं पणमाम्यहं.
Sabbāsavā vinimutto, Sadā vilaggamānaso; Sabbāsajjā vippamutto, Buddhaṃ taṃ paṇamāmyahaṃ.
I bow to the Buddha, Who was completely freed from all mental defilements, Always in a state of detachment he was completely indifferent to all attachments.
- sabbāsavā vinimutto - completely freed from all mental defilements
- sabba + āsavā - all + mental defilements
- sadā vilaggamānaso - always in a state of detachment
- vi + lagga (pp.) + mānaso - attached, fastened + purpose, intention
- sabbāsajjā vippamutto - completely indifferent to all attachments
- āsajjā: ger of āsādeti: - approach, come near to, having attained
Last modified: Wednesday, 20 April 2022, 10:54 PM