You are currently using guest access (Log in
Buddhasahassanāmāvali - Verse 41
ममङ्कारा मुत्तो मुनि;
बुद्धं तं पणमाम्यहं.
Mamaṅkārā mutto muni;
Buddhaṃ taṃ paṇamāmyahaṃ.
I bow to the Buddha,
Who was completely free from egoism,
A sage, free from selfish attachments,
Indifferent to honour and dishonour.
- ahaṅkārā vinimutto - completely free from egoism
- ahaṅkārā: aham + kārā - ‘maker of I’, pride, arrogance, selfishness
- muni - a sage
- mamaṅkārā mutto - free from selfish attachments
- mamaṅkārā: mama + kārā - selfishness, self-interest
- mānāvamānā vimutto - indifferent to honour and dishonour
- mānāvamānā: māna + āvamānā - pride, concet + disrespect, contempt
Last modified: Saturday, 7 July 2018, 4:12 PM