Buddhasahassanāmāvali - Verse 25
निम्ममो निरहङ्कारो, निरालम्बो निरालयो; निप्पपञ्चो निरारम्भो, बुद्धं तं पणमाम्यहं.
Nimmamo nirahaṅkāro, Nirālambo nirālayo; Nippapañco nirārambho, Buddhaṃ taṃ paṇamāmyahaṃ.
I bow to the Buddha, Who was free from yearning and egoism, Without any support and free from desires and defilements, Free from all hindrances to spiritual progress he had nothing to sacrifice.
- nimmamo (ni+m+mamo) - not + mine
- nirahaṅkāro (ni+r+ahaṃ+kāro) - free from egoism, selfishness
- nirālambo - without any support
- nirālayo - free from desires and defilements
- nippapañco (ni+p+papañco) - free from obstacle, impediment
- nirārambho (ni+r+ārambho) - without effort, undertaking
Last modified: Monday, 24 February 2020, 2:50 AM