Buddhasahassanāmāvali - Verse 19
एहिपस्सिकं धम्मदो, सन्दिट्ठिकमकालिकं, ओपनयिकं स्वाक्खातं, बुद्धं तं पणमाम्यहं.
Ehipassikaṃ dhammado, Sandiṭṭhikamakālikaṃ, Opanayikaṃ svākkhātaṃ, Buddhaṃ taṃ paṇamāmyahaṃ.
I bow to the Buddha, Who taught the Dhamma, with the quality “come and see for yourself”, Which gives immediate result in this very world, which should be understood, And is so well expounded and leads nearer and nearer to the highest goal (step by step).
- ehipassikaṃ - having the quality “come and see for yourself!”
- dhammado - giving the Dhamma
- sandiṭṭhikaṃ - showing result in this very life
- akālikaṃ - beyond time: immediately
- opanayikaṃ - leading nearer
- svākkhātaṃ - well expounded
Last modified: Friday, 21 February 2020, 1:52 AM