Buddhasahassanāmāvali - Verse 6
यथावादी तथाकारी, तथपत्तो तथागतो; यथाकारी तथावादी, बुद्धं तं पणमाम्यहं.
Yathāvādī tathākārī, Tathapatto tathāgato; Yathākārī tathāvādī, Buddhaṃ taṃ paṇamāmyahaṃ.
I bow to the Buddha Whatever he preached he practised accordingly, Having attained the highest truth, He is known as the Tathāgata, Practising whatever he taught.
- yathāvādī - as he teaches
- tathākārī - that he practises
- tathapatto - attained the highest truth
- tathāgato - known as the Tathāgata
- yathākārī - practising
- tathāvādī - whatever he teaches
(yathā – tathā (rel.adv. – dem.adv) in what way/manner – in that way/manner)
Last modified: Friday, 14 February 2020, 2:19 PM