You are currently using guest access (Log in
Buddhasahassanāmāvali - Verse 6
बुद्धं तं पणमाम्यहं.
Buddhaṃ taṃ paṇamāmyahaṃ.
I bow to the Buddha
Whatever he preached he practised accordingly,
Having attained the highest truth,
He is known as the Tathāgata,
Practising whatever he taught.
- yathāvādī - as he teaches
- tathākārī - that he practises
- tathapatto - attained the highest truth
- tathāgato - known as the Tathāgata
- yathākārī - practising
- tathāvādī - whatever he teaches
(yathā – tathā (rel.adv. – dem.adv) in what way/manner – in that way/manner)
Last modified: Friday, 14 February 2020, 2:19 PM