Buddhasahassanāmāvali - Verse 44
बुद्धं तं पणमाम्यहं.
Buddhaṃ taṃ paṇamāmyahaṃ.
I bow to the Buddha,
Who was completely free from the greed for sensual pleasures,
Who was the dissector of craving for existences,
The destroyer of craving for non-existence.
- kāmataṇhā vinimutto - completely free from the greed for sensual pleasures
- bhavataṇhāvibhañjako - the dissector of craving for existences
- bhava + taṇhā + vi +bhañjako - becoming + craving + breaker, destroyer
- bhañjati - destroy, break
- vibhavataṇhāvikkhīṇo - destroyer of craving for non-existence
- vibhava + taṇhā + vi+ k+khīṇo - not becoming + craving + destroyed
- vi+khīyati - go to ruin, be destroyed
Last modified: Thursday, 9 November 2017, 4:21 PM