You are currently using guest access (Log in
Buddhasahassanāmāvali - Verse 101
बुद्धं तं पणमाम्यहं.
Buddhaṃ taṃ paṇamāmyahaṃ.
I bow to the Buddha,
A universal protector of the destitute,
He made the frightened fearless,
And gave refuge to the miserable.
- anātho - destitude, helpless
- bhavana + nātho - existence, being + protector, saviour
- bhīti - fear
- a + bhayaṃ + ṅ + karo - no + fear + making
- saraṇaṃ + ṅ + karo - refuge, salvation + making
- dīna - base, miserable, mean
Last modified: Wednesday, 7 July 2021, 7:05 PM