Buddhasahassanāmāvali - Verse 38
ओरमुत्तो पारमुत्तो, घोरमुत्तो मुत्तगहो; कप्पमुत्तो कालमुत्तो. बुद्धं तं पणमाम्यहं.
Oramutto pāramutto, Ghoramutto muttagaho; Kappamutto kālamutto. Buddhaṃ taṃ paṇamāmyahaṃ.
I bow to the Buddha, Who was liberated from this and the next world, Liberated from the horrible and likewise from all grasping, Redeemed from millennia and the cycles of time.
- oramutto - liberated from this world
- pāramutto - liberated from the next world
- orapāra - the near and the far shore, the below and the above
- ghoramutto - liberated from the horrible
- muttagaho - without grasping
- gaho - one who holds, seizes
- kappamutto - redeemed from millennia
- kālamutto - redeemed from the cycles of time
Last modified: Wednesday, 20 April 2022, 10:16 PM