Buddhasahassanāmāvali - Verse 37
आसामुत्तो इस्सामुत्तो, एजामुत्तो मुत्त-इणो; मानमुत्तो वानमुत्तो, बुद्धं तं पणमाम्यहं.
Āsāmutto issāmutto, Ejāmutto mutta-iṇo; Mānamutto vānamutto, Buddhaṃ taṃ paṇamāmyahaṃ.
I bow to the Buddha, Who did not entertain hopes, he was free from envy, Released from longing and all liability, He was free from vanity and lust.
- āsāmutto - did not entertain hopes
- āsā + mutto - desire, hope, longing + liberated
- issāmutto - free from envy
- ejāmutto - free from craving
- ejā + mutto - desire, lust, motion + liberated
- mutta-iṇo - free from debt
- mānamutto - free from vanity
- vānamutto - free from lust
- vāna - 'jungle' (of desire, lust)
Last modified: Wednesday, 20 April 2022, 10:14 PM