You are currently using guest access (Log in
Buddhasahassanāmāvali - Verse 9
बुद्धं तं पणमाम्यहं.
Buddhaṃ taṃ paṇamāmyahaṃ.
I bow to the Buddha,
Who was brave and wise,
Courageous and strong,
And who vanquished the great army of Mara.
- mahāvīro - a hero in bravery
- mahādhīro - firm in wisdom
- mahāsūro - great in courage
- mahabbalo - great in strength
- mahāmāracamū - great army of Mara
(mahā+māra+camū - great+Mara+army)
- maddi - vanquished, crushed
Last modified: Friday, 14 February 2020, 2:28 PM