Buddhasahassanāmāvali - Verse 39
खन्धमुत्तो बन्धमुत्तो, कलिमुत्तो मुत्तमलो; सब्बथा पिपासामुत्तो, बुद्धं तं पणमाम्यहं.
Khandhamutto bandhamutto, Kalimutto muttamalo; Sabbathā pipāsāmutto, Buddhaṃ taṃ paṇamāmyahaṃ.
I bow to the Buddha, Who was free from aggregates and bondage (of clinging), From sins and from defilement, And completely redeemed from greed and desires.
- khandhamutto - free from aggregates
- bandhamutto - free from bondage
- kalimutto - free from sins
- kali - discord, disaster, bringing bad luck
- sabbathā pipāsāmutto - completely redeemed from greed and desires
- sabbathā + pipāsā + mutto - in every way + thirst, longing, desire + liberated
Last modified: Wednesday, 20 April 2022, 10:21 PM