Buddhasahassanāmāvali - Verse 37
बुद्धं तं पणमाम्यहं.
Buddhaṃ taṃ paṇamāmyahaṃ.
I bow to the Buddha,
Who did not entertain hopes, he was free from envy,
Released from longing and all liability,
He was free from vanity and lust.
- āsāmutto - did not entertain hopes
- āsā + mutto - desire, hope, longing + liberated
- issāmutto - free from envy
- ejāmutto - free from craving
- ejā + mutto - desire, lust, motion + liberated
- mutta-iṇo - free from debt
- mānamutto - free from vanity
- vānamutto - free from lust
- vāna - 'jungle' (of desire, lust)
Last modified: Wednesday, 8 November 2017, 12:02 PM